Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Do you blog? Maybe you should!

I have hit a milestone! This is my 50th blog entry! Wow! I had no idea what I was getting into when I started doing this, I just wrote stuff down that I was thinking about and took it from there. But it has turned out to be a lot of fun for me, and a way to stay connected with a wide range of people that I know.

Pam wrote to me once and said that she wished everyone had a blog. I do too! It would be great to turn on my computer and just check what's going on in the brains of all the people I'd care to know that about. There is a short list of fellow bloggers that I know on the sidebar of my blog. I just wish it was longer. Which means that YOU should start one. It really is easy and only takes as much time as you want to put into it. Then I could read about you.

Aunt Chris said to me this weekend about my blogging: "If you ever go back to work now the people there will know how you really are." I don't know if that's true because I always have the choice to edit what I put here, I am in total control of the image I project. Although she has a point that I haven't been too careful about that. But then again, why shouldn't I want the people I interact with to know how I really am, isn't anything else misrepresentation? Maybe I'm still trying to figure it out anyways, whether I am Melinda or Mindy or Chloe's Piano Teacher's Wife of Tim and Jeff's Mommy or some combination of them all.

I have also been cautioned about security. "What if you get a stalker?" Well, I haven't gotten one yet, and how are they assigned anyways? I read on aol today that there are now over 70 million blogs out there with 120,000 added every day. So I figure that the chances of anyone taking that kind of interest in ME out of that is pretty slim.

So anyways I really do wish that I had more blogs to read, so you really should start one. Or if you already have then please let me know I will read it. Or if you know of any interesting blogs that you think I would like too, pass them on. And, of course, you are welcome to pass a link to my blog along to anyone that you know who might want to read it, unless of course they are stalkers.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Please be careful about people observing your blog and getting info. Stalking now involves potential kidnapping and identity theft. Loved your most recent blog after this but wow-I know now where you live, and what names I could call your kids as they ride bikes or be near the house.
Wouldn't a little vacation trip telling the whole family to put on new identities and act it out to anyone you meet be fun? Or starting to make up more an more lies on your blog during the times that you need something new to write about and wait for comments?
Great volunteer work. And glad that you have the boys along to watch the good example. Much better than my mental image of 4 kids behind that Tiki bar all wanting to be bartenders instead of waiters. love, Aunt Chris