Saturday, February 2, 2008

Just Shoot the Groundhog

I flicked on the TV so there would be something to occupy my brain while I fold a load of laundry. Bill Murray is sitting in the Punxsutawney Bowling Alley asking the tired looking man: "What would you do if you were stuck in one place and every day was exactly the same, and nothing that you did mattered?"
And the man drawls: "That about sums it up for me."

This is a tough time of year around here. The boys missed school the whole week both because of being sick and the schools closing because of the weather.

Cabin fever has set in pretty bad and the sky is the color of the white laundry when it's been washed with one navy blue sock. Not a pretty one.

I would be fine with it if we could just skip February, March and April and just get on to May when life is sunny and good again. The bears have the right idea in my opinion.

Sorry about all the griping here but maybe you know the feeling of every day just blending into the next: commute, work, commute, laundry, sleep. It'll get better, I know, and there's a trip to the beach in our future for spring break for the specific purpose of breaking this up.

I am recalling a quote I saw in a magazine, I think from Ellen Degeneres:

"Lather, Rinse, Repeat. OK, but for how long?"




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dearest Little Mindy: It may have made you more annoyed or anxious to write about some of your lousy week. Good description, despite the horror of knowing that you were working into "A Major Whine". Next week should be/could be/will be better. Snuggle this weekend with that handsome husband of yours. love, Aunt Chris