Thursday, April 17, 2008

I need more than 24

Vacation is great for taking you out of the routine of daily life. But then you have to get back into it. It's like going from the hot-tub back into the pool. Yow!

This week has seemed particularly full. I've been trying to snatch little moments of time to get my book club book read, and those moments have been hard to find. Waiting rooms are about it. In addition to going to work and school, commuting and carpooling, there has been track practice every day for Tim, and his first meet, swimming lessons for Jeff plus his first baseball practice, both dentist and orthodontist appointments, piano lessons going on, and then book club. Every night I go to sleep thinking about all the other things I just didn't have time to do. If only there were more hours in each day.

Scott Adams (Dilbert) just wrote an excellent post about just this subject. Since I can't find enough time to write anything meaningful, check it out, and let me know what you think.
Time Management

3 comments:

kid_curry said...

I loved your blog . . . well, the blog you sent me to. I think you did a very good job at time management. You out sourced!

Anonymous said...

Hi Mindy- Nobody I know feels that they have enough time. Not even the apparently idle rich or retired. It must be the way of the world to have a mind actively thinking of future activities. You have never had a "melt-down" so you are doing something right. And I always felt that people find time for what is truly important to them. The article you referred us to was good, but obviously written by a guy! Hang in there!!! Week-end is coming-Aunt Chris

Teacher Teacher! said...

I don't even want to add up my commute to school, the time I spend driving around town for groceries, softball practice, getting kids to school, cheerleading, gymnastics, little league.... I can't take it. I want that idle rich path. Is there a sign up sheet for that?