Saturday, July 26, 2008

Kayaking

My friend Yvonne invited me to join her kayaking with her sisters. Of course the weather prediction changed from sunny to stormy as soon as I agreed to go. Darn that weather jinx, still with me.


Big dark clouds kept passing over us while we were out paddling down the Clinton River and out onto Cass Lake, which resulted in providing us some relief from the sun. The conditions ended up being perfect, and we had a wonderful time.


As I got into my car to drive home, one last cloud passed over, and dropped a few fat raindrops on my windshield. Mother Nature let me have this one, but just barely. Thanks, I'll take it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We rented a canoe & went down that river when dating. Romantic scene! Years later there were trips down the Clinton River in our powerboat!Thanks Mindy for helping to stir up good memories!