Monday, December 1, 2008

How to make a snow day


We got a lot of snow yesterday. It's early in the year to have this much, and I hope it's not a sign of the winter yet to come. We seem to live right on the edge of some weather system, because just a few miles south of here they hardly have any, and at my mother's house there's no snow on the ground at all.

The kids remembered all the snow days off from school they got last year, and discussed taking actions to do what they could to encourage one for today. Apparently it is some kind of kid legend to do the following things to cause the cancellation of school:

1. Flush an ice cube down the toilet

2. Put a spoon under your pillow.

3. Wear your pajamas inside out.

There must have been enough people with their pajamas on correctly to cancel them out, because school was in session as usual. I think it's interesting how all kids seem to know about these procedures, yet I never heard about it when I was little. Who starts these things?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mindy,
I'm pretty sure that Jeff is the creative source behind the tricks for the cancellation of school. Cale and Ramona never mentioned any of those things!
Mary Beth

Anonymous said...

Thats not fake, its true and it really works if more than 85% of kids at school follow the procedure and snow is already on its way. I have done this and it has actually worked before. Its science.

Unknown said...

Yup, it works, apparently. Snow day today, and my kids followed all of these. Then again, the forecast was already for a really big storm, so you never know... :)

Ima Star2 said...

I've never tried but i will!

Anonymous said...

It actually works I've tried! You should also wear your pjs in sideout AND backwards. Also so put a citrus fruit in the freezer!